Thursday, December 31, 2009

At home coloring on already very light blonde highlighted hair?

i want to dye my hair at home.. my roots are very dark, and my ends are still very blonde from the highlights. i want to stay blonde, are there any suggestions on dying my hair at home, and what colors i should use, should i use light blonde or dark blonde so that my hair wont turn white?At home coloring on already very light blonde highlighted hair?
I can guarantee that if your roots are 'very' dark, using a blonde tint (at home), will only lift it to an orange/reddish level. If you have a friend to help you could go to Sally's Beauty Supply or your local store and get a highlighting kit with a cap to pull your hair through. These products contain bleach (not tint).





The problem is 'how dark is your natural hair'. I really recommend you make an appointment at a salon for a highlight retouch. It can be done with a cap or foil. Foil tends to be more expensive, but gives better results when done by an experienced stylist.





If you mess up at home it could cost you 5 times more then originally to repair it at the salon. Believe me I saw it a lot in my shop,; I did hair for 18 years.





Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment