Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can I dye over highlights? I have naturally black hair w/ blonde highlights. Can I dye my hair dark at home?

I have naturally black hair, and my highlights are dirty blond. My roots are showing about an inch, and I've had the highlights for more than a month. If I was to buy a product from the story to dye my hair either a very dark blue-ish, red-ish, or natural color, will the highlights show up a lighter color? Will I have a weird undertone? Any help would be much appreciated.Can I dye over highlights? I have naturally black hair w/ blonde highlights. Can I dye my hair dark at home?
You should go to a salon and get it done!!!! I tried to dye my hair darker after blonde highlights and after it looked like I had spent to much time in the pool (chlorine). It didn't turn my hair green but it shined green in the sun. When you lighten your hair it becomes more porous and absorbes more color and absorbes the color unevenly so it is difficult to determine what the results will be.Can I dye over highlights? I have naturally black hair w/ blonde highlights. Can I dye my hair dark at home?
If you buy a really cheep hair die you will probably have some undertones. If you want to die your hair a color that will utilize your highlights like blue, it won鈥檛 die your black hair and will wash out quickly, I don鈥檛 suggest blue hair die. Once it starts to fade it looks bad. If you used a permanent red hair die it will give your hair high and lowlights. If you wanted to die your hair your natural color, use a higher quality hair die to ensure the effects you want. Red hair is fun to have for a while. When I was younger I went through a Red phase, I looked like Ariel from the little Mermaid. Since I have been in College I let my natural hair color grow back. I miss the excitement of dying my hair. Have fun!
i would try a very dark color it will not take all of the color away but is will be dark barley can tell
My hair has highlights and when i tried to put another color on over they wouldn't appear
Once you put a permanent dark color in your hair it should be ok. The highlights may show up a tad light still but nothing that will look odd. It may actually blend quite well.
Yes. I would recommend dying it as close to your natural color as possible so that the highlights match your other hair since that probably won't lighten. OR,...What I've done is gotten a box of medium brown and dyed my hair - the black won't take it and the blonde turns brown - so now it looks like you have new highlights in a different color. Just don't get it too light or else then it looks like your roots are coming in. Good luck!
If your hair is highlighted then the base for the highlights are most likely a yellow, orange, or red. to avoid having green hair if you want it black you will need a red base. think primary colors if you mix paint the outcome of the color will be the same on the hair shaft.what color do you want it to end up? the highlights will be there regardless if you color you hair but you can color it with certain techniques to cover them up
Yeah, I've done it. It'll be a little lighter in the parts that had blonde...but it can give it dimension.
go to a stylist. they will get you the right color for your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment