Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I color my hair at home if I have bleached highlights using ';Sun-In';?

The only ';highlighting'; I have ever done is using ';Sun-In'; (or related brands) spray highlighting stuff. (The kind where you spray it in and the heat from the sun or hairdryer will lighten your hair). I've been doing this for years...at least 15! I know that this is not a very good way to do this, but it always worked for me. However, I think I'm ready for a change!





My question is this: can I safely/easily color my hair at home after all these highlights? I'd go a shade darker. Or am I better off to go to a salon? I'm really a beginner at this, even though I'm 30! Can you home color after the salon, can you color on top of highlights, etc? I know if I ask my hairdresser she will want to do it for me, which would probably be okay. But if I can also do it myself, I'd like to try.





Thanks in advance! :-)Can I color my hair at home if I have bleached highlights using ';Sun-In';?
i have a customer that used sun in for years. she is a natural blond but wanted highlights and the sun in worked well for her. 2 months ago she wanted to go darker, like a medium brown. i had the worst time trying to get color to stay in her hair and getting the color to turn out the desired shade. no matter what shade of brown i used, it would fade drastically to a very brassy dark blond. after several applications, the color finally stuck but it was a long hard process.


you could try to color it yourself but be prepared for fading and you may have to try several applications before you achieve the desired color.

No comments:

Post a Comment