Saturday, December 26, 2009

I am going to put highlights on my hair at home... by myself. Any advice?

DONT! I've done this when I lack some income to get it proffessionally done, and I ended up spending MUCH MORE money to have it fixed. It looked terrible and I had to live with it for 3 days till they could get me in. So my advice... DONT.I am going to put highlights on my hair at home... by myself. Any advice?
DON'T DO IT! no no no no no! my friend tried and all her hair fell out...go to a proI am going to put highlights on my hair at home... by myself. Any advice?
Yea I have advice.... Don't do it yourself!





Well, I'm talking from experience. My friend put blonde highlights in hair all by herself and it looked absolutely horrible. She had dark hair and so the highlights were the first thing you'd notice, which wasn't exactly a good look for her.





Unless you know what you're doing... then go ahead and try but my suggestion is that if it's your first time putting highlights in your hair then why not just spend about $20 going to a professional rather than risking to do it yourself. What if your hair ends up looking like my friend's?! =O !





Ok, well good luck on your hair either way. Hope it turns out like planned =)
get it done perfessionally, cause its wayyy hard by urself
Don't attempt to put highlights in yourself. You're not able to see where you are putting them, and you're not able to see the exact color of lightness. Go to a professional and have it done, or you'll end up going to a professional anyway, and paying more for a color correction.
hun just go to a beauty college and get it done


much easier and cheaper than a normal salon=]
DON'T DO IT!!! GO TO THE SALON! IT WILL SAVE YOU THE EMBARRASSMENT, TRUST ME! I DID MY OWN THE WEEK BEFORE MY WEDDING AND MY HAIR TURNED ORANGE, GREEN, BROWN AND BLACK. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!
follow all the instructions right, and make sure you keep the color blend natural looking...in my opinion anyway. and try to keep away from all the chemicals getting to your eyes or hands.


GOOD LUCK!
I mean, just realistically, you can't even get a good view of your own hair. Just doing good highlights in the back would be very difficult. And, other answerers are correct -- once you mess it up, man is it a pain to fix. That having been said, I have done highlights for a friend and they turned out great. The main problem isn't the ';at-home'; aspect, it's being able to do it to your own hair. Consider recruiting a friend and watching a movie while you wait! However, If you ARE going to do it alone, probably good to do the following:





Do it when the hair is dry.


No need to section out all your hair to begin with, just go along as you please. However, separate out sections that you've put the bleach in with tin foil wrapped around them.


Check the colour frequently to make sure it isn't getting too light.





Also to consider whether or not to do it at home is your current haircolour. Hair generally bleaches in orange-tinged shades with most systems available -- if this isn't agreeable to you, better to have it professionally done. Highlights are also kind of high maintenance if you want to keep them, and hard to dye back to your natural colour if you made them too light.





The biggest nono: Do not use multiple products at the same time, i.e. a bleach AND another hair dye on the hair to be highlighted simultaneously. Bleach should be washed out, and hair should be left to do it's thing preferably for about 3 days before any additional colour is added. Sometimes it turns out okay, but when it doesn't, it's a disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment