Thursday, December 31, 2009

I just had my hair highlighted with an at home kit. Some of the areas wound up not getting any highlights.?

My root area is totally brown and it almost looks like highlights that have staarted to grow out but were just don Ie. How long do I have to wait to get this fixed? Without damaging my hair? It looks really terrible. I am embarassed to even go to work. I dont want to say its blotchy but it is just so uneven! I want to go to the salon to get it fixed! I absolutely hait the way it turned out it didn't take the way I thought it would. Is it possible for the salon to rehighlight or what will they do to correct this?! Someone please help!I just had my hair highlighted with an at home kit. Some of the areas wound up not getting any highlights.?
A professional hairdresser should be willing to fix it right away, When I did hair I would have had no problem doing a corrective color right away, if someone is hesitant to do it, they probably arent going to do a very good job though...It wont be cheap, its hard work to fix at home color mistakes (expect to pay at LEAST $50 an hour for a quality job) I charged $90 an hourI just had my hair highlighted with an at home kit. Some of the areas wound up not getting any highlights.?
First of all, contact the 1-800# on the box you used. Call them to see if they can give you any advice. What happens when you color your hair with a home color kit is that you must put the color on the roots first then the remaining goes on at a later time during the processing of color. Because as your hair grows the roots begin to show your original color. Yes, it can be fixed. You can go to a hair salon and have it done. I will tell you of an experience of mine. I did a home color kit with the color and highlight comb. It turned my hair orange. Went to the salon and I had to pay more than a $100 to fix it. She added a color to my hair I had to go thru the processing, blow dry it, and then add another color for the highlight. About 4 hours. Of course, like in your situation it was worth it to me. Otherwise until you get to change it try to change up your hairstyle. Pin it up, curl it differently, or a headband. I don't know what kind of style you have, but it may not be as bad as you see it because it is your hair. Good luck and hope this info helped.
Give it a couple of days before you try it again, in the meantime wear your hair up to avoid being embarassed. Grown out highlight looks look much better in a ponytail or clip. Next time you highlight, the more you put on the brighter the area gets. If you bought the highlighting kit that you just have to apply and it doesn't spread then you HAVE to apply a lot make sure the strand you're highlighting is saturated and then apply extra just in case. I've used one of those before and I learned my lesson the second time around.





All in all, if it doesn't work the second time, go to a hairstylist and have it done professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment