Thursday, December 31, 2009

Home hair dye/highlighting experts: wat's the absolute best way 2 color my hair with my mom doing it at home??

it's way 2 expensive 4 me 2 get my hair colored in a salon, so i'm gonna try 2 have it done at home. I've had my hair highlighting like ten times before and recently too. my mom does them and i get blonde highlights. Since we've done them so many times, my whole top layer of hair is mostly blonde. It's starting to look a little wierd with a very UGLY shade of my naturally brown hair underneath. anyway, i wanted 2 get it done professionally at a salon, but it turns out that it costs like $75-100 bucks, so i cant cuz its 2 expensive. can u tell me step by step how 2 color my hair like in the pic below. tell me how to do everything. whether i should dye it or highlight it, wat colors 2 use, wat brand 2 use, and a very detailed answer on how 2 color it. tell me watever u can!! THANK U SO MUCH!!Home hair dye/highlighting experts: wat's the absolute best way 2 color my hair with my mom doing it at home??
If you were in my chair I would cap you and do low-lights first all over your head then go in and do a few high-lights only in the center of your head trying to only hit the new regrowth...also with a cap on your head.....unless your Mom has done the foiling technique then she should only still do the center of your head and only the root area.


As far as what brand..... I would be using a semi-permanent hair color.....just because it says semi-permanent it usually stays on pre colored hair.....Go to Sally Beauty Supply as it will cost less when you buy one bottle of infuser one bottle of the color and the PACKET of bleach and the developer....Look at Radiance by Clairol for your Low-lightsHome hair dye/highlighting experts: wat's the absolute best way 2 color my hair with my mom doing it at home??
I had the same problem. So I put a permanent color on my hair the natural shade, Then waited about a week or so and went back in and put in highlights. The trick is: When you do your roots in the future, just pull little loops out of the cap. That way you just get the roots and don't end up with too much blond.


I use ';frost and tip'; but another option that I use is to get a bottle of peroxide and mix it )contains instructions) with lighter. I get it at Sally's-I buy Kaleidoscopes for the powder (it comes in shades for dark to light hair) which gives me several different shades of highlights-peroxide, and a cap; which comes with a hook. The powder goes a long way and you just mix up what you need. You'll probably invest 15.00 to 20.00 and have enough ';stuff'; to do your hair and roots 3 or 4 times. It's much cheaper than the kit you buy and you don't have to use a toner afterward.


I bet it turns out beautiful (everyone wants to know who ';does mine';).


Good Luck to you!
you can't dye your hair too often, it will burn your scalp and you will have irreversible hair loss (balding), just let it go for awhile, or dye over it with a dark color, dyes coat your hair, highlights literally burn your hair. Dyes are safer for your hair at tthis point. You could always get a different cut or wear it a different way to disguise th;e roots, or wear a headband or something. Just be nice to your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment