Saturday, December 26, 2009

How long after dying hair at home can you put in highlights?

i'm dying my hair at home with celofane black color, but also want to add in red highlights....how long should i wait b4 i put in the highlights. this is my 1st time doing highlights on my own....helpHow long after dying hair at home can you put in highlights?
red highlights will never show up when put over black hair. You must bleach the strands out first, then add the red. This is almost impossible to do by yourself at home with drugstore color. Its best to go to a salon - before you go all black by yourself. The salon can do this all in probably 2 steps, and although it will cost you more than the box, it will be much easier and look much better than if you do it yourself.





=)How long after dying hair at home can you put in highlights?
Yeah i tried it at home: BIG PROBLEMS!! It went orange!


I would advise everyone to go to hairdressers! Report Abuse

Well i had my (coloured) blonde hair dyed brown last week and they booked me in for the final part of highlights tomorrow, so i think it can pretty much be done straight away, i had to wait a week as its girls training at saks that did mine and the didnt start highlights till this week, hope this helps x
You'll have to use a pre lightener on the bits you want to highlight and then dye them red.You should be okay to do it right away. they always tell you not to on the box but I've never had a poblem when I've done it.

No comments:

Post a Comment