Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Highlighting your hair at home?

I am biracial with very dark curly hair. I'd like to put honey blonde highlights back in my hair (I had it dyed black for the winter). I like highlights because they add definition to my curls...but I need to do it at home because my budget's a little tight. Since I usually get it done professionally, I have no idea which brand/ product to get.





Here are a couple pics so you know what color I mean:





http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevi_n_isha鈥?/a>





http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevi_n_isha鈥?/a>





What product(s) have you guys used, like something from Sally's or Walmart in a box that has worked? Should I use a box kit (if you like a certain brand, name that too) or just a lightener? Thanks everyone!Highlighting your hair at home?
Just so you know, the links do not work...But I buy my highlighting kits at Wal Mart-I usually opt for something like Garnier or something..but I have also used those cheapy frosting kits. I personally like putting in the extra time and using a kit that uses the old fashioned pull through cap like you may have in a salon. They have more accuracy in highlighting the areas you really want..Some of those ';brush in'; kits can come out funny-Trust me!! lol. So I hope this helps, it's really easy to do at home, and good luck :-)Highlighting your hair at home?
can't see the pics

No comments:

Post a Comment