Saturday, December 26, 2009

Do those do-it-at-home highlighting kits on your hair really work? does it look professional?

I do my own highlights and people love it. Make sure you buy the one with the cap. Revlon sells one that comes with a brush. DO NOT buy that one. Buy the one that comes with a cap and the stick to pull your hair out of the cap. You can monitor how much highlights you want with the cap. Be sure to check your hair from time to time because it lightens really quickly. Make sure to follow the instructions on the box and try to get a color that is close to your hair color so you can see the ';after'; color on the box of how your hair will come out. The color on the box is pretty accurate.Do those do-it-at-home highlighting kits on your hair really work? does it look professional?
i dont know ive never tried themDo those do-it-at-home highlighting kits on your hair really work? does it look professional?
Yeah but make sure you use the one with the cap and have someone help you...It's cool cause some of the blonde ones have the dye and bleach mixed in together which is very conveniant! My mom does it on my brother's wife and her hair is very,very long and it looks really good like a pro did it...lol
Yea,


but you have to read the instructions.


my mom does them for me and on herself and they turn out really nice and natural looking, but i think it just depends how well you do it.
They work really well as long as you apply it correctly and patiently. Be sure to read the directions and it'll look really nice ;]


Good luck!
i dunno iv always done mine at home so I couldn't compare it to professional but i started frosting my hair.. it last longer then highlights...it takes longer with the cap and everything but i like frosting better
Well it certainly doesn't look professional, but it can work. It's alot easier to do on people with light hair; the lighter the better. The colour pigments are much more brilliant on blondes, it can be hard to see on brunettes. Judging by your avatar, it looks like you have very dark hair, and are likely to try blonde or red highlights. If you were to visit the hairstylist, they would bleach your hair, allowing the dye to show up. You might have a very difficult time with DIY hightlighting. I wouldn't recomend it. Good luck! =]
Well I've only tried it once and it didn't work so well.
If you have some one help you with the cap,


and they know how to do it, it should turn out fine.
it does for me. the other day i went to get my hair done and they asked me who does my hair! i was like i did it with a friend! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment