Thursday, December 31, 2009

Can I dye my hair at home after getting bleached highlights?

I just got my hair highlighted today and i HATE it. My hair is naturally a dark blonde and now there are streaky highlights that look awful.This was the first time I've ever got it dyed. So earlier I went to the store and bought non permanent dark blonde hair dye (natural instincts). ..I was wondering if it would be worse for my hair to dye it over the highlights..? I don't know what to do, It really looks too bleach blonde. I wanted it more natural. So if i dye it myself will it turn green? Please help, thanks :)Can I dye my hair at home after getting bleached highlights?
it shouldn't turn your hair green but i would recomend getting hair opps at walmart or something (it is exposed to take the hair dye out but i not sure if it works on salon dyes) and if you dont want to get that you can dye your hair with the box stuff but wait a few days it is not good to dye your hair right away you'll over process it and hey maybe when your waiting those few days maybe you'll start to like it


(also ask some friends if they like it to make sure its not just you or something)Can I dye my hair at home after getting bleached highlights?
Don't do anything yourself, and hair oops is a color remover, won't work on bleach. Just damage it.


If you're not happy, tell the hairdresser and she can put a toner without peroxide on it, as a peroxide color will affect all your hair.....(anything that has two products to mix, one of them is a peroxide or developer)


Also, it could turn your natural color an orangy color. Any amount of developer will lift it.


It may look lighter than you wanted but it's better than what you could do to it yourself.....wait till you can see the hairdresser and she'll do something for you....she'll want to make you happy. As the others said, you may end up liking it, as some people would be disappointed if it didn't show up enough.
NO ! ! ! Don't try any thing for a few day ...My best friend did and her hair fell out.. no **** ! See what some of your friends think first be for you do any thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment