Thursday, December 31, 2009

Question about highlighting hair at home.?

My hair is dark blonde, and I had it highlighted with a light blonde professionally. But I do not have the money to go back and get it re-done. I was thinking about buying a highlighting kit (with the cap) and doing it myself at home.





What shades should I go for so it does not leave me with orange highlights? maybe a champagne shade?





Also, would it work if I only put the dye at the roots?





Thanks!!Question about highlighting hair at home.?
The cap hurtsQuestion about highlighting hair at home.?
Highlighting at home is never a good idea unless you are a professional! It is very easy to end up with highlights that are bright orange, no matter WHAT product you use, and the highlights will work much faster on the roots since the heat from your scalp speeds up the chemical reaction. You are likely to end up with roots that are a much brighter color than the rest of your highlights. Just let your hair grow out for now, save up your money, and then go back to the salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment