Saturday, December 26, 2009

Question about at home hair color (over top highlights)?

I have pretty thoroughly highlighted hair, but I'd really like to just go back to my natural brown shade. If I use box hair color, is there anything I should make sure I don't get so my hair turns out alright? Any advice?





And please spare me any lectures about not using box hair color, I've used it before and nothing tragic happened, I've just never colored over highlights before. Thanks!Question about at home hair color (over top highlights)?
What you want to do is run it through your hair, and put it on your ends last. Your ends are usually more damaged because they are more processed, so when you put the color on all over at the same time, the ends turn out darker (trust me, its happened to me before). Make sure you get it evenly across your whole head, and remember that with box colors, they usually come out a shade darker than they say they will on the box, especially if you're going from blonde to brown. Revlon and Natural Instincts are my two favorite box brands to get, and they're usually pretty cheap. I usually rinse my color out about 5 minutes before it says to, so that the color turns out how I want it. :-) Best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment